Textile Secretary inaugurates the seventh edition of GartexTexprocess
Making a grand opening in its northern base, GartexTexprocess India New Delhi 2022 was inaugurated eminent dignitaries including Upendra Prasad Singh, Secretary – Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and Sunil Sethi, Chairman, Fashion Design Council of India. As a high-value business platform, the trade fair hosts 200 plus exhibitors with over 1,000 products and machinery from varied sectors.
Opening doors to innovative product showcases and opportunity to engage with more than 200 companies from garment and textile machinery, fabrics, accessories, and allied industries, the seventh edition of GartexTexprocess India is up and running at PragatiMaidan, New Delhi
The three-day exhibition was inaugurated by chief dignitaries from the ministry and trade bodies, including:
• Upendra Prasad Singh (IAS), Secretary, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India
• Hasmukh Patel, Member of Parliament & Textile Consultative Committee
• Sharad Jaipuria, President, Denim Manufacturers Association & CMD, Ginni International
• Babulal Sonigra, Ex-Chairman, Fabexa Committee, Maskati Cloth Market Mahajan
• Jang Gyoo Lim, Director, Hysoung India (Creora)
• Sunil Sethi, Chairman, Fashion Design Council of India
• Aamir Akhtar, Group CEO, Jindwal Worldwide
• Akhilesh Rathi, Director, Bhaskar Denim
• Himani Gulati, Director, MEX Exhibitions
• Gagandeep Singh, Secretary General, Denim Manufacturers Association (DMA
• Kantilal Sanghvi, Vice President, Maskati Cloth Market Association
• Naresh kumar Sharma, Secretary, Maskati Cloth Market Association
• Amish Rajendrabhai Shah, Chairman, Fabexa
• Abhinav Arya, Director, Fabcare
• Vimlesh Arora, Director JN Arora & Co
• Keshav, Director, Baba Textile Machinery
• Deepak Choudhary, Director, Aura Technologies
• Winston Pereira, General Manager, Messe Frankfurt Trade
Addressing the industry post-inauguration, Upendra Prasad Singh (IAS), Secretary, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, stated: “The Indian government is working towards upscaling size and scale of textile industry through policies such as the mega textile park which is aimed at solving the problem of fragmented value chain as well as size and scale. Sustainability and circularity in the textile ecosystem also needs to be developed. We are also focusing on incentivising textile machine manufacturing to encourage foreign manufacturers to build textile machinery within India.”
Also part of the inauguration panel, Hasmukh Patel, Member of Parliament & Textile Consultative Committee, acknowledged GartexTexprocess India as a crucial contributor to the growth vision of the Indian textile and garment industry: “The Indian Textile and Garment Industry aspires to augment its exports within the next ten years and a platform like GartexTexprocess India will play the role of an enabler in this ambitious journey. I am optimistic this exhibition will continue to accentuate the best manufacturing techniques in the industry and empower our local manufacturers to meet international benchmarks of quality and quantity that are required for exports.”
“I also laud the organisers for their tie up with FABEXA, the nodal arm of Maskati Cloth Mahajan which has allowed numerous fabric manufacturers from the Gujarat region to showcase their expertise in the collocated Fabrics & Trims Show.” Patel added.
A legendary veteran of the Indian fashion industry – Sunil Sethi, Chairman, Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), who was also part of the inauguration panel, stated: “The need of the hour is innovation. The collaboration between textile, garment and screen printing verticals will make GartexTexprocess India even more successful and help companies showcase their new developments and capabilities before customers.”
Following a successful commencement of GartexTexprocess India New Delhi 2022, the organisers – MEX Exhibitions and Messe Frankfurt India shared a joint statement: “GartexTexprocess India has experienced 42% growth in exhibitor participation in this edition. We would like to extend our utmost gratitude to the Ministry of Textiles for their strong support as well as our partners and supporting associations for their continued co-operation.”
Collocated alongside Denim Show, Fabrics & Trims Show and Screen Print India, GartexTexprocess India New Delhi 2022 displays over 1,000 products and manufacturing technologies in garment and textile, denim, fabrics and screen printing, including:
– TS 1800 Digital Thread Dyeing System by Orange-O-Tec. can dye thread in millions of colours on demand precisely on single and multiple spools due to its sustainable waterless technology
– BullmerProcut 1800 by Mehalais a highly-precise automatic cutter for large volume of apparel with operator-friendly handling and menu navigation, easy-to-program, and a high cost-performance ratio benefits
– SureColor SC-F530 Desktop Dye-Sublimation Textile Printer by Epson is ease of use, highly-productive and efficient, ideal for small-volume clothing and custom merchandise
– JETVARNISH 3DS with iFOIL S by Konica Minolta allows users to execute Hot Foil Stamping in house, at high speeds with virtually no set up, eliminates the need for ﬁlms and dies
– Copperhead Pro Mini by DCC is versatile, compact and all-electric automatic screen printing press which consumes less power and delivers extremely high production speeds without the usage of compressed air.
Demonstrating India’s growing prowess in quality denim production, the Denim Show has featured top 25 denim mills bringing their latest denim products at the show, along with top denim manufacturers such as: Jindal Worldwide, Arvind, Raymond UCO Denim, LNJ Denim, Siyaram Silk Mills, Kanchan Group and my others.
In association with FABEXA, Fabrics & Trims Show has converged around 70 Gujarat-based fabric manufacturers under a special pavilion to demonstrate the region’s local expertise in fabric, cotton and natural based fabrics. The exhibition is also set to host over 200 fabrics sourcing representatives during the remaining show days.
The organisers are also hosting an exclusive knowledge forum to impart in-depth insights on interesting industry topics, such as ‘impact of content creation’, ‘trends AW 2023’, ‘reducing audit fatigue through SLCP’, and ‘Fashion Forward – Challenges, strategies and opportunities.’ Supported by the Ministry of Textiles as well as chief industry associations and trade bodies like The Confederation of Indian Textile Industry (CITI), Denim Manufacturers Association (DMA), Maskati Cloth Mahajan, Retailers Association of India (RAI) and the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC), GartexTexprocess India New Delhi lends itself to be a highly productive and opportune platform to source the best manufacturing machineries and engage with top industry players throughout its two remaining days.