5000+ exhibitors gear up for Intertextile Shanghai
Heading into the second half of the year, the global apparel fabrics and accessories industryâ€™s attention has begun to focus on the 2016 Autumn Edition of Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics, which will be held from October 11-13. Over 5,000 exhibitors from more than 25 countries and regions will take part and showcase an all-encompassing range of products across 260,000 sq m of exhibition space at the Nation Exhibition and Convention Center, Shanghai.
Heading into the second half of the year, the global apparel fabrics and accessories industryâ€™s attention has begun to focus on the 2016 Autumn Edition of Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics, which will be held from October 11-13. Over 5,000 exhibitors from more than 25 countries and regions will take part and showcase an all-encompassing range of products across 260,000 sq m of exhibition space at the Nation Exhibition and Convention Center, Shanghai. To ensure fair participants can easily identify their target suppliers and buyers with so much on offer, a number of well-distinguished product zones will feature again.
In response to strong growth in the global activewear market, Intertextile Shanghai launched its first Functional Lab at the 2015 Autumn Edition. The zone has quickly garnered much attention in the industry, with both exhibitors and buyers praising its effectiveness for capturing the opportunities in this high-potential market. Carrying on from the strong result of the debut edition, the Functional Lab is set to return this October. As of this month, two pavilions, organised by INVISTA and Gyeongbuk Natural Color Industry Institute, as well as innovators from China, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan and Korea have already reserved their space to present a spectrum of the latest innovative products. These include some of the industryâ€™s top players such as:
Far Eastern New Century Corp will demonstrate â€˜Internet of Textileâ€™ concept, which aims to offer consumers an innovative experience of smart technology. FENC has also used sustainable raw materials, eco-friendly dyeing and functional finishing in its yarn and fabric production.
- Nilit Ltd will highlight nylon (polyamide) 66 fibres for apparel applications, and specialty yarns including Nilit Duelle, Nilit Heat, Nilit Aquarius, Nilit Duomix, Nilit Body Fresh, Nilit Britex, Nilit Breeze and Nilit Ecocare.
- Toyobo Co Ltd will introduce its EXLAN acrylic fibre as well as its [eks] acrylate fibre which features deodorisation properties and generates heat to aid with moisture absorption.
- Unifi Textiles (Suzhou) Co will showcase its REPREVE products made from 100 per cent recycled materials, as well as its aio all-in-one performance yarns, SORBTEK permanent moisture management yarns, REFLEXX stretch yarns, MYNX UV items and A.M.Y. permanent antimicrobial yarns for odour control.
In addition to these fabric suppliers, well-known machinery supplier Santoni (Shanghai) Knitting Machinery is also taking part to offer a diverse range of machineries for knitted fabric and garment production.
â€˜Brooklyn Todayâ€™ â€“ the new look for Beyond Denim
Just as denim never goes out of style, neither does the design of Intertextile Shanghaiâ€™s Beyond Denim hall. American design studio Doneger Creative Services will once again give this ever-popular product area a new look under the theme â€˜Brooklyn Todayâ€™. Continuing with this image, Doneger Creative Services is also developing a Denim Forum to illustrate the 200-year transformation of denim from workwear to high fashion, as well as reveal exhibitorsâ€™ denim products and production technology under four themes: Modern, Heritage, Vintage and Rebellious.
Moreover, the impressive product line-up at Beyond Denim is not to be missed. This year, both domestic and overseas denim manufacturers will reside in hall 7.2 to showcase an extensive selection of denim products, including denim yarns, fabrics, accessories and machinery. Amongst the many confirmed exhibitors to date are two first time exhibitors from Pakistan and Taiwan, as well as the returning Hong Kong and Turkey suppliers:
- Cone Denim (Hong Kong), celebrating its 125th anniversary, will be showcasing its newest performance denims: Toughmax, Sorbtek, Transdry, Drirelease, Dyneema, SGeneÂ®, Trutone, Selvage & Natural Indigo. The mill also recently launched their online shop for small quantity orders.
- Glowtex Co Ltd (Taiwan) developed its own Milagro dyeing, which is an eco-friendly dyeing method aimed at reducing the environmental damages during the fabric dyeing process. With this special technique, Glowtex will exhibit a selection of eco-denim.
- Mekotex (Pvt) Ltd (Pakistan) is a fully integrated vertical mill with its own in-house spinning, denim preparatory, weaving, denim finishing and power generation systems. The company will bring products ranging from cotton yarns to denim fabrics to the fair.
Leading companies return to all about sustainability zone
Besides functional and denim fabrics, sustainable products and services also hold much potential because of the increasing concern on environmental issues in the apparel industry. To provide the industry with all they need to address these issues, the All About Sustainability zone returns again, and is located in hall 5.2 and contains three main areas: Educational Zone; ecoBoutique; Forum Space.
For more details on this fair, please visit: www.intertextileapparel.com.