UNIDO to grant 80% for energy efficiency in industries
The United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) has announced 80 per cent grants in the 10 clusters including the Surat textile cluster,
The United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) has announced 80 per cent grants in the 10 clusters including the Surat textile cluster, for the automation of various sectors identified under the energy efficiency technology scheme programme. The owners will have to bear remaining 20 per cent cost.
Reportedly, a meeting was held, where 10 different clusters from the country participated to discuss financial issues and setting up of the revolving fund for the project. The ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) in association with UNIDO have jointly launched the project under â€˜promoting market transformation for energy efficiency in MSMEâ€™ with the support of the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
According to UNIDO officials, entrepreneurs from several industries from these clusters were invited to witness energy efficient machinery automation undertaken in the textile processing units. Speaking on the same, Co-project director of UNIDO, Debajeet Das said that UNIDO alone will be spending three million dollars for the automation of the machinery in the cluster for saving energy cost.