Why does India need automatic DTY machines?
Barmag is fully committed to bring new technology and economical machine concepts to the revolutionary Indian texturising industry. Its energy-efficient, auto-doff eAFK machine is one of them
Barmag is fully committed to bring new technology and economical machine concepts to the revolutionary Indian texturising industry. Its energy-efficient, auto-doff eAFK machine is one of them.
It is imperative to know why India needs energy-efficient automatic DTY machines. First and foremost reason is the fact that today there is a scarcity of workers. To solve this, Barmag provides an answer in its eAFK DTY machine. In conventional manual machine two operators are required to operate one machine. In Barmag eAFK DTY machine one operator can operate two machines each of 288 spindles.
Besides, today, demand for high quality DTY packages with metered length and excellent unwinding performance for warping operations and knitting has ever been going up. More than that there is increased dependability on export market because of overcapacity in the domestic market.
Most of the crimped yarn is twisted before it goes to weaving. Therefore, very high quality crimp is not required. But for warping operations excellent unwinding performance is always required. Why?
- Weavers demand flawless fabric (up to 100 m with 0 defect).
- For knitting very high quality crimp and uniformity of the product is a must.
- For uniform dyeing performance of the yarn/fabric an even drawing of each yarn in the texturising machine is very important. Thus Barmag developed the godet drawing system.
"Metered length" package is important since it will lead to less "bottom" generation in the yarn package which means less waste percentage.
Improved unwinding performance is ensured through BarmagÂ¦s ATT take-up system (yarn tension control).
Advantages of automatic doffing
Metered package is possible through automatic doffing. Can customer get more money for a metered package? Yes, take for example warping. In this, if we assume a customer gets Rs 2 per kg more, then @110 dtex 3896 kg per day, he gets Rs 7792 more profit per day. And if he has 10 machines, the profit zooms to Rs 2,337,600 per month.
Reduced energy consumption
BarmagÂ¦s newly designed eAFK with godet feed rolls offers a significantly lower energy consumption compared to the former machine generations.
The actual energy consumptions as measured in a running plant are as follows (basic denier 75 d):
- Barmag eAFK machines with 288 spindles ~ 2300 to 2400 units/day
- Competitor A with 384 spindles fully automatic ~ 4400 units/day
- Competitor B with 288 spindles fully automatic ~ 2200 to 2300 units/day
- Competitor C with 312 spindles manual machine~ 2100 to 2200 units/da
Godet feed system
Barmag eAFK is fitted with godet feed system, the advantages of which are as follows:
- Improved productivity through higher speed potential
- Less yarn friction
- Improved yarn evenness over time
- Higher yarn regularity over process time and from position to position, leading to better dyeing uniformity
- Higher yarn quality
- Less energy consumption
- Reduced wear parts
- Operator friendly
Productivity advantage due to godets
Godets mean less friction, which means higher speed potential, typically at least 50 m/min higher speed, eg., 300 den (512 den POY) usually runs in a standard machine at 650 m/min, and this produces 8850 kg per day (at 288 pos).