Indorama: A global leader in PES fibres swears by Zinser
The Indonesian company, Indorama Synthetics, produces 280,000 tonnes of polyester per year in the form of fibres, yarn and chips. It is considered the worldÂ´s biggest producer of PES fibres. With spinning plants in Indonesia, Uzbekistan, Sri Lanka and Turkey it is also in the top ten of the most successful spinning mills in the world.
Indorama produces over 104,000 tonnes of ring yarn annually from polyester, viscose, cotton and mixed fibres.
The Indonesian company, Indorama Synthetics, produces 280,000 tonnes of polyester per year in the form of fibres, yarn and chips. It is considered the worldÂ´s biggest producer of PES fibres. With spinning plants in Indonesia, Uzbekistan, Sri Lanka and Turkey it is also in the top ten of the most successful spinning mills in the world. The company swears by the Zinser 351 ring spinning machine and winding machine from Schlafhorst when spinning PES yarns.
Indorama produces over 104,000 tonnes of ring yarn annually from polyester, viscose, cotton and mixed fibres. About 60 per cent of the yarn production is exported globally to IndoramaÂ´s customers in over 75 countries. The remaining 40 per cent of production goes to the domestic market. Indorama itself is responsible for a portion of downstream processing.
PES at 22,500 rpm in practice
As a polyester specialist, Indorama has particular expertise in the manufacture of high-quality PES yarns on ring spinning machines. The Zinser 351 from Saurer is its first-choice machine. Â´Productivity on the Zinser 351 is outstanding, because it is extremely fast, completely reliable and also easy and safe to operate thanks to EasySpin,Â´ says Anupam Agrawal, director of IndoramaÂ´s Spun Yarns Division. Â´The Zinser 351 is our number 1 machine. For example, we spin Ne 40 PES yarns on it permanently at spindle speeds of 22,500 rpm. And the yarn quality is unsurpassed.Â´ The Zinser 351 makes possible enduring yarn quality and maximum profitability based on a highly precise and energy-efficient cutting-edge technology. Top speeds can be attained on the special Zinser high-speed spindles, which operate extremely quietly. The simple EasySpin user interface and high-performance OptiStep spinning program support spinning at the technological limit at enduring maximum spindle speeds, without any manual adjustment being required.
Zinser 351 in a linked system with Autoconer X5
Schlafhorst has been the preferred supplier for the listed company for many years and has been delivering ring spinning and winding machines to Indorama since the 1980s. Around 60 Zinser 351 ring spinning machines with nearly 100,000 spindles operate non-stop round the clock in the companyÂ´s three Indonesian spinning mills. Roughly 85,000 spindles are operated automatically in a linked system with Autoconer X5 Vtype package winders – the gold standard when it comes to quality and productivity.
In the linked system the Zinser 351 and the Autoconer X5 operate synchronously at the same rate. Their output is optimally coordinated to achieve the maximum productivity across the entire process. Bobbins and empty tubes are transported contactless in the material flow system of the spinning and winding machine, thereby protecting the yarn.
The Zinser 351 produces perfect bobbins with the optimum unwinding properties in the package winding mill. The proven, technologically unrivalled winding and splicing process on the Autoconer X5 is a guarantee of the unique package quality that delights customers in sales and downstream processing.
SPID controls every metre of yarn
The interaction of the Zinser 351 and Autoconer X5 is topped off by SPID, the unique Spindle Identification System. This ensures virtually real-time unbroken quality inspection of every single metre of yarn spun. SPID analyses all yarn data acquired by the clearer and provides 100 percent quality control of the entire yarn production. Â´We assure our customers that every metre of yarn fully conforms to the customerÂ´s specifications,Â´ declares Anupam Agrawal.
The methodical route to greater profitability with the Plant Control Sy