Search Result For
Result(s) found: 13
Designed For Gains
Dollar has been hardening, making Indian textile and clothing exporters happy. With negligible import content for the domestic industry, and the Government’s bid to curb cheaper import, good times are ahead, reveals the ITJ Cover Story.
Fuelling growth and creating employment
Indian textile and apparel market is estimated at $118 billion, 69% of which is domestic consumption while exports constitute the rest 31%.
The global apparel consumption in 2016 is estimated to be $1.7 trillion, which formed around 2 per cent of the world GDP of $73.5 trillion. EU-28 was the largest apparel consumer market worth $400 billion, which was followed by markets of the USA, China and Japan. These top four markets together constituted approximately 62 per cent of the global apparel consumption.
India must focus on global audience too: Janecke
Global market size for technical textiles is estimated at $145 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4 per cent to $170 billion by 2020, according to Wazir Advisors Knowledge Paper.
Awareness of TT is of importance: Technotex
The theme of this year’s conference was ‘Advantage India: Emerging Global Manufacturing Hub for Technical Textiles’ and it made an attempt to chalk out a roadmap to make India a global manufacturing hub for technical textiles.
MMF: Daring to fly higher!
For the man-made fibre industry (MMF) in India, its disgruntlement is turning into unceasing aggression. The reasons are many: China exports 65 per cent of manmade textiles out of its exports of $650 billion while India´s share of manmade textiles is hardly 20 per cent out of its exports of $40 billion.
Advertise Here [300 W x 250 H pixels]