Search Result For
Result(s) found: 98
Barmag makes mother yarn process profitable
In conjunction with the WinFors winder, the Oerlikon Barmag spinning system configuration, designed especially for manufacturing mother yarn, guarantees profitable mother yarn production. The monofilaments produced from this are also extremely convincing in terms of their excellent yarn quality. The perfectly coordinated steps – from the spinning process all the way through to take-up – ensure optimum results in the subsequent, downstream splitting process.
New baler yarn winder permits profitability increase of up to 50%
In Hall 16 the main focus will be on solutions for tape production. The new developments from the Chemnitz-based think tank focus mainly on the EvoTape machine combined with the automatic tape yarn winder WinTape and – a trade fair premiere – an automatic baler yarn winder. Presented for the first time at the K three years ago, the combination of tape system and winder yields significant profitability increases of as much as 50 per cent – not only for carpet backing and geotextiles processes, but now also for baler yarn processes – compared to standard machines available on the market.
Oerlikon acquires Truetzschler staple fibre portfolio
Oerlikon announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire the entire staple fibres technology portfolio of Trützschler Nonwovens & Man-Made Fibers GmbH, Egelsbach, Germany. This company is part of the German Truetzschler Group, which is a specialist in fibre preparation for the yarn spinning and nonwovens industries. The acquisition expands the Manmade Fibers Segment’s technology portfolio and opens up access to new customers in the market for synthetic staple fibres.
Efficient spunbond tech for growing market
Oerlikon Neumag will present itself at this year’s IDEA in Boston with its extensive technology portfolio for the production of nonwovens: from spunbond and meltblown to airlaid through to staple fibres for the production of carded nonwovens. Areas of application include technical, such as filtration, roofing, geotextiles and automotive, in addition to medical and hygiene applications.
Oerlikon performs well in difficult market environment
Jürg Fedier, CFO of the Oerlikon Group says: “In 2015, we defined a strategic roadmap to develop Oerlikon into a more focused company, building on our unique competencies, technologies and positions in surface solutions, advanced materials, components engineering and manufacturing technology. We also completed important steps such as the sale of the Advanced Technologies Segment and the announced divestment of the Vacuum Segment.” “Our balance sheet is strong and allows for targeted investments in organic and inorganic growth. We delivered strong operating profitability in a difficult economic environment.
Fibre neutral policy need of the hour to boost MMF: Oerlikon meet
MMF accounts for 68 per cent of all fibres consumed worldwide, and its usage has been growing in clothing, carpets, household textiles and a wide range of technical products, and much more. “In India, 70 per cent of the market is cotton focused and the remaining 30 per cent is MMF, whereas globally it’s vice versa”, said Khurshed Thanawalla, Managing Director, Oerlikon India Pvt Ltd.